Coloumn Size Auto is formatting possible?

Discussion, questions and support.
Bitterschoko

Coloumn Size Auto is formatting possible?

#1 Post by Bitterschoko » 06.06.2020, 10:20

Last month I switched from TotalCommander to FreeCommander, because many function are added or better solved.
But what I realy miss is the formatting of the file/folder size and its working on zip-files. TC uses bytes as unit.
FC has automatic units: Byte(s), kB, MB... This is not so informative as it could be and "Byte(s)" only waste screen area.
I like the solution in TC because I use it for a quick compare of files, folders downloaded from cloud or on USB-sticks. Usually files/folder with the same size in byte are equal, but not with the same kB size!
I found in FC the possibility to display an extra coloumn size in bytes, but this displays 0 for subfolders in a zip-archive. Is this a bug?
Is there any settings to modify the automatic diplayformat of the size that works also on subfolders? Size in Bytes!!!
Regards Fritz

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Coloumn Size Auto is formatting possible?

#2 Post by Marek » 06.06.2020, 11:01

Change your column profile:
- remove the column with Size Auto
- add the column Size Byte(s)

You can activate the showing of folder size: https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/S ... lders.html
Folder size in archive files is currently not implemented.

Bitterschoko

Re: Coloumn Size Auto is formatting possible?

#3 Post by Bitterschoko » 07.06.2020, 11:42

Thank you for your prompt answer. Your recommendation is nearly that, what I like. Do you plan to extend this on folders in archives in future releases?
Regards Fritz