I created a FreeCommander Beginners Configuration (Lean)

Discussion, questions and support.
asdf33

I created a FreeCommander Beginners Configuration (Lean)

#1 Post by asdf33 » 07.01.2021, 19:39

Hey folks,

I'm using FreeCommander for over a year now and I'm very happy that there is such a good Windows Explorer alternative. So my thanks go to all the devs and supporters :)

To give something back, I created a Beginners FreeCommander Configuration. This has a leaner UI (imo) and can therefore help people who want to switch from the vanilla explorer.
-> I removed some of the less needed or duplicate elements (incl. Toolbars), set the "spacebar" key for switching between single/split view (super helpful), and included file type based filtering, to easily see which files where modified recently. And some more...

https://github.com/vii33/FreeCommanderXeConfig

Maybe this is helpful for some of you.

Cheers

ajaxStardust

Re: I created a FreeCommander Beginners Configuration (Lean)

#2 Post by ajaxStardust » 06.08.2023, 11:39

Are there any other FreeCommander configurations created by forum members here (or otherwise) that you're aware of?

Thanks!
i used to play guitar on stage (jeffsabarese on bandcamp). now i just listen to it on fb2k. :)

Forez

Re: I created a FreeCommander Beginners Configuration (Lean)

#3 Post by Forez » 08.08.2023, 00:01

But what constitutes as a proper configuration - i.e. a useful ready to use full blown set of options? Including keyword shortcuts?

I remember when I started using it by recommendation of a friend that he sent me his settings and it did not help me much- I ditched them and created my own from scratch. Since then I mainly indulged myself in building a Color Scheme and Favorite Toolbars. That last one is easily importable but that second would not make sense to other users. But come to think of it I also adjusted other universal elements like the Status Bar, which would be worth sharing

But having looked at your presentation it would be extra worth to have a thread of such posts - alike to this one viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8332 for Color Schemes