Tab open when file dragged onto it?

Discussion, questions and support.
Gold-finger

Tab open when file dragged onto it?

#1 Post by Gold-finger » 06.02.2021, 04:07

I am trying to get FreeCommander to replace another file manager, Xplorer2, but I have been unable to locate one necessary feature:

Drag a file or folder from any pane onto any tab and that tab will become the open tab in its pane.
This allows dropping the file in the open directory or, indeed, into a folder therein, or onto a shortcut.

So far I have unable to find a way of doing this in FC.

Can it be done?

Sorry if I am not using correct terminology. For some reason I think of it as a spring-loaded tab, but that's a term that sticks in my mind from many years ago.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Tab open when file dragged onto it?

#2 Post by Dreamer » 06.02.2021, 15:41

In FreeCommander:

- if you drag a file or folder to another tab (label), item is copied/moved to that tab path (moved if it's the same drive)
- if you middle click the folder, it's opened in the new tab
- if you drag a file or folder to tab free space, next to the last tab, in active or inactive panel, folder or file location is opened as a new tab

The last behavior looks close to what you want, I just found, then if I drag file to tab free space of active panel, file is also focused, but if I drag it to inactive panel, file is not focused, it's an issue or bug.

If you want to change this behavior, drag an item to tab to change path, I think you could create a new feature request in "Feature Requests" forum.