Make starting folder/root of Tree display user-selectable

Discussion, questions and support.
offpath

Make starting folder/root of Tree display user-selectable

#1 Post by offpath » 19.01.2014, 22:16

Trees starting with Desktop can be a real-estate problem even on a 16:9 screen, if using both panels & trees for each. A tree starting with C:\ takes up noticeably less space from left to right than a tree starting with Desktop. Starting with Desktop becomes a problem, if you work in user folders like "C:\Users\Administrator\Music\Farsala\1- Farsala Kingdom\5- OM, Err done, NO Proc". In Windows 7, 4 to 5 subfolders from C:\ is common, and it gets worse, if one uses subfolders under the "library-level" folders, like Documents, to organize work. (My copy of XE 2014 Bild 650 also has an annoying bug under "libraries" in the tree view, making me need the factual, not virtual tree.)

Karol

Re: Make starting folder/root of Tree display user-selectabl

#2 Post by Karol » 20.01.2014, 08:04

You mean as here: Settings - Tree - Management: Base folder.

offpath

#3 Post by offpath » 20.01.2014, 15:24

Yes, I did! Sorry for being blind & wasting your time!

kevmeist

#4 Post by kevmeist » 31.01.2014, 15:28

Yes, but it helped me though. I have just downloaded FreeCommander to try as I have been messed around by Avanquest and their Powerdesk product (which I have licensed and used for 10 years plus).

I had Powerdesk on 3 PCs. One of them just stopped working (all three copies were under one license). Their comment when I called them "PD is only licensed for a single PC". My reply was that Avanquest (previously Vcom) "fixed" that several years ago. Their answer was "we changed that". I spoke to a "manager" who was useless also. I wonder how they keep selling software. Really weird.

K