Swish and Freecommander?

Discussion, questions and support.
2_i

Swish and Freecommander?

#1 Post by 2_i » 30.12.2014, 07:28

Swish adds directories from a remote computer, accessed through SFTP, to the Windows Explorer. Is there a way to make Swish work with the Freecommander? Is it that Swish is exclusively tied to the Explorer? I tried Multi Commander as well and found no way to access the Swish directories from there either. Thanks.

Karol

Re: Swish and Freecommander?

#2 Post by Karol » 30.12.2014, 08:54

I do not know Swish but check the same place in FC as in Explorer. Mostly it is "Computer" - go to "Desktop" drive in FC and then select "Computer".

2_i

Re: Swish and Freecommander?

#3 Post by 2_i » 30.12.2014, 19:16

Karol wrote:I do not know Swish but check the same place in FC as in Explorer. Mostly it is "Computer" - go to "Desktop" drive in FC and then select "Computer".
In Explorer, Swish appears as 'Other' under 'Computer'. In FC it is not there. According to Swish and MS sites, Swish is a Windows Explorer Shell Namespace Extension. FC does not appear to see that Shell.

There are other programs than Swish, that map SFTP onto a local drive, making their use possible with FC, namely NetDrive, SFTP Netdrive and ExpanDrive. From those, only a crummier version of SFTP Netdrive is free. NetDrive messes up timestamps, making it practically unusable.