Filter applied does not Apply to copy operations. My bad??

Discussion, questions and support.
minsik

Filter applied does not Apply to copy operations. My bad??

#1 Post by minsik » 13.05.2015, 13:06

Newbie to FreeCommander but I see so much potential here as it reminders me of my ancient and beloved "ELFTREE!" Does any know this? Then you are at least as old as me!

Anyway I apply a filter with ctl-f12 and filter only on *.mp3;*.m3u for instance. That displays the filtered list.
Now go up one level with filter still applied. select the directory and copy to a drive in the rhs pane. Now ALL files including unfiltered files are copied. Is this an expected result?

I expected the filtered display to be the list that the copy/delete/move request acts on!

thanks for any ideas and resolutions.

Minsik.

joby_toss

Re: Filter applied does not Apply to copy operations. My bad

#2 Post by joby_toss » 13.05.2015, 21:14

minsik wrote:Is this an expected result?
Yes.
minsik wrote:I expected the filtered display to be the list that the copy/delete/move request acts on!
Apply the filter, select all the displayed files and then copy/move them.

minsik

#3 Post by minsik » 14.05.2015, 01:06

Thanks for that info.

However logic sort of says, I am displaying a filtered set of items, actions will occur on them.

if I drag and drop from filtered left pane to nun filtered right pane then ALL even hidden items are copied.
If I use F5 then the copy dialog allows filtering inc a defined filter. But have to remember to use copy filtering on top of the display filtering.
so the two seperate situations apply.

The displayed area and the copy/move area, these should be possible to be linked maybe in an option setting.

Thanks. gradually learning stuff.

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 14.05.2015, 08:17

minsik wrote:However logic sort of says, I am displaying a filtered set of items, actions will occur on them.
You're applying just a visual filter. Actions will occur on selected items.

Maybe, in future, there will be an option like "Automatically select filtered items", who knows?...