How to open folder in left or right panel - by the choice of

Discussion, questions and support.
Forez

How to open folder in left or right panel - by the choice of

#1 Post by Forez » 10.03.2016, 20:57

I would like to know if there is a way for an icon in favorite toolbar to open a folder in precisely left or right panel

Right now FC opens such a shortcut in an active panel; so sometimes in left and sometimes in right, depending on my current active status [workflow]. But I would like FC to open it always in right or left. I already have the same folder shortcuts on the left and on the right, to make less movement with mouse- but without sticking the opening of those shortcuts on the right to the right panel and the left shortcuts to left side of the screen- such a time saving help is simply not working as it is indented to

I've tried applying to an icon

Code: Select all

Start folder" %RightDir%
Parameter: %RightDir%
but it doesn't work

Karol

Re: How to open folder in left or right panel - by the choic

#2 Post by Karol » 10.03.2016, 21:13

Check the favorite items option "Use left/right panel" http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/e ... sedit.html

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 10.03.2016, 22:34

Karol wrote:Check the favorite items option "Use left/right panel" http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/e ... sedit.html
I may be mistaken, but that applies only to favorites that are under the Shift + Ctrl + F; which are something completely different than favorite toolbar

Going through a pre-step [Shift + Ctrl + F] is to much thinking / movement / clicking. If I would be OK with that I wouldn't mind the drag of for example clicking the right panel and then clicking an icon for the purpose of opening it in the right panel

Also I would like a new tab to be always opened for a folder that I go to through favorite toolbar icon

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 26.04.2016, 20:41

As it seems that there is no way of creating an icon in the "favorite toolbar", that when being always visible would open a folder in a new tab precisely on the [prechosen] left or right window with just one single click, I will make it a request for such an option [viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7256]

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 26.04.2016, 23:13

Forez wrote:As it seems that there is no way of [...]
As it comes out, there is

Just follow the link in my previous post