not able to find FreeCommander.ini file or its commands

Discussion, questions and support.
vsrawat

not able to find FreeCommander.ini file or its commands

#1 Post by vsrawat » 29.04.2016, 05:30

I didn't find any FreeCommander.ini file in my installation folder or settings or in installation zip file.

I downloaded english help file but that also doesn't give any list of commands or settings that can be included in FreeCommander.ini file, though it does mention a FreeCommander.ini at some places.

So I am not able to find how to make a FreeCommander.ini file and what to put it in.

Please provide a template FreeCommander.ini file having all the possible commands which can be included in that, with some default that you deem fit.
then the user can edit that and tailor make for himself.

Also needed is a chapter on making this file in help file.

If some user has prepared such a FreeCommander.ini file, please consider sharing with us all.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

joby_toss

Re: not able to find FreeCommander.ini file or its commands

#2 Post by joby_toss » 29.04.2016, 06:43

FC creates this file on first run. You can check Help->About menu to see where it's being saved (usually, XE portable version saves it in Settings sub-folder and XE installed version saves it in AppData). There is no need for someone to create and share this file.
Most settings contained in this file can be changed using the Tools-Settings interface, but you might find some other useful tweaks here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6264
There is no complete guide, nor is the manual changing of this file encouraged (things might break).

vsrawat

Re: not able to find FreeCommander.ini file or its commands

#3 Post by vsrawat » 29.04.2016, 09:17

yes, could locate it in settings folder. don't know how I missed it earlier

whoa. A 26 KB file. I would say it is huge. I thought to go thorough it master all the commands, but it is not humanly possible for me.

So giving up on experimenting with this.

Thanks for guiding.
--
Rawat