Set active panel to left/right or top/bottom

Discussion, questions and support.
Dave F

Set active panel to left/right or top/bottom

#1 Post by Dave F » 04.12.2016, 18:59

Hi

I know about <Tab> to toggle active panels, but is there a way to set it specifically to left/right or top/bottom?

Background:
I wish to use Autohotkey (AHK) scripts to programmatically manipulate certain programs.
I want FC to display specific folders
In FC I've created a 'favorite' folder selection & assigned it a shortcut. AHKcan then use that to set them.
Unfortunately favorites doesn't appear to store the active panel. Could this be added as a feature request?

Some programs make command codes available through API which AHK can work with. Does FC do similar?

Edit: There is already an instance of FC running & I would like the AHK script to work with that one.

Cheers
Dave F.
FreeCommander XE 2023 Build 880 32-bit public, Windows 10.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Set active panel to left/right or top/bottom

#2 Post by Marek » 04.12.2016, 22:28

Unfortunately favorites doesn't appear to store the active panel.
You can set favorite in active/inactive or right/left panel: http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/e ... sedit.html

Dave F

#3 Post by Dave F » 04.12.2016, 23:13

That's what I'm using, with Top/Bottom option, but that doesn't set which panel is active.

I want c:\TopFolder to be in the top panel & c:\BottomFolder in the bottom panel.

I want c:\TopFolder to be the active panel, but if the bottom panel is active when I press the Hotkey to load my favorites, the bottom remains the active panel.

If I use the active/inactive option in favorites the TopFolder could be in the bottom panel if that's the active one when I press the Hotkey

Hope that clarifies it.
Dave F.
FreeCommander XE 2023 Build 880 32-bit public, Windows 10.

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 06.12.2016, 21:29

Ok, I know what you mean.
I can make for the future release new option in the favorite definition.
Alternatively I can add an option to command line parameters for activating left or right panel.