Packing multiple files with encryption - setting password

Discussion, questions and support.
Zekzt

Packing multiple files with encryption - setting password

#1 Post by Zekzt » 25.12.2016, 15:12

Hi.
Is it possible to pack up multiple files in separate archives and encrypt them without the need to put password for every single file all the time?
Its really hard to pack up multiple files when you have pop-up window showing every single file, i would love to just set the password for all the files i want to pack and just press the button and wait instead of having paste the same password all over again...

Timon

Re: Packing multiple files with encryption - setting passwor

#2 Post by Timon » 25.12.2016, 17:01

Currently in FC XE I don't know how to pack up multiple files in separate archives and encrypt them without the need to put password for every single file. Password is requested for each file, if several files are selected.

I hear logic in your words. And I think it could be implemented for the next version as an option, because such behavior can not please everyone.
For example Winrar can create one archive per file and if several files selected, password should be entered only once.
But 7-zip asks password for each file.
Of course, I'm talking about default packers behavior without the use of special keys or command-line options.

afh

Re: Packing multiple files with encryption - setting passwor

#3 Post by afh » 31.12.2016, 13:41

You might try to create a button in one of your toolbars and use powershell:
In "program or folder" put "powershell" and below for "parameter":

Code: Select all

-command "& {$p = Read-Host -Prompt 'Insert your password';(Get-ItemProperty -Path (get-content '%ActivSelAsFileUtf8%') | foreach{$n = $_.DirectoryName + '\' + $_.BaseName + '.zip'; zip -e -P $p $n  $_.FullName -j}); del  '%ActivSelAsFileUtf8%'}"