Edit Files on FTP?

Discussion, questions and support.
MAMeingast

Edit Files on FTP?

#1 Post by MAMeingast » 03.02.2017, 20:49

Hello everyone,

I recently discovered FreeCommander and I am in love! :)

There is only one thing missing/not working the way I would wish it did: When connecting to a FTP server, I am unable to edit the files on the server directly. FireFTP (for Firefox) for example is able to edit files on the server directly - e.g. loading them in Notepad++ and pushing the updated file to the server after saving. FreeCommander however downloads a copy which is not synced to the server. Is there any way to have it functioning as in FireFTP?

Cheers

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Edit Files on FTP?

#2 Post by Marek » 04.02.2017, 19:27

If you use F4 for editing, then on saving the file you will be asked for saving the changes to the FTP.

MAMeingast

Re: Edit Files on FTP?

#3 Post by MAMeingast » 04.02.2017, 22:16

Marek wrote:If you use F4 for editing, then on saving the file you will be asked for saving the changes to the FTP.
Hi Marek,

thank you for the advice - good to know! Unfortunately, F4 only opens the standard text editor instead of Notepad++, even though I added Notepad++ in the settings as the default editor. Any ideas? The standard text editor is way to basic for my needs...

Cheers

EDIT: My bad, i had Notepad++ configured incorrectly in the settings - now it works! Awesome!