How to save folder views?

Discussion, questions and support.
Huldrich

How to save folder views?

#1 Post by Huldrich » 01.05.2017, 13:20

I would like the column widths, detail or icon view etc. specific to each folder to be restored after each session like in Windows Explorer. I tried with column profiles but it does not yield what I want. There are so many options... Can you please specify step by step how to achieve this? Many thanks.

Huldrich

Re: How to save folder views?

#3 Post by Huldrich » 01.05.2017, 22:42

Maybe I did not explain well enough what I want: I just want that the width of a column in a specific folder remains always the same after closing and reopening FreeCommander (FC). I also want that in a folder containing pictures icons are displayed automatically instead of a detailed list upon ONCE telling FC to display icons in that folder. However, what FC is doing is applying the last modified width to all other folders. I tried with column profiles but this is complicate. With Layouts it is even more complicate. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders and can't apply to each of them a specific width. Why is there not simply an option that FC automatically stores all these properties for each folder just as Windows Explorer does? And please don't tell me to use Windows Explorer instead of FC...