Beginner LOST...

Discussion, questions and support.
sammass

Beginner LOST...

#1 Post by sammass » 12.02.2018, 09:36

Hi, My 1TB HD was totally full, so copied it to a clear 3TB HD using Win 7 Explorer. Number of bytes seem somewhat off, so Googled 'how to compare two HD's', several recommendations pointed me to FreeCommander. Downloaded the FC XE - Public and am now totally lost. LOTS of stuff & variables to probably handle the project. Trying to sort through the online help tab, but am finding guidance for comparing files, folders, etc and other stuff, but not complete data on a hard drive. I'm obviously missing the forest for all the bark on the trees. If someone could share the section of the Online Help that is applicable or a Cliff Notes version of the process. I just want to know that X number of files transferred over and they're healthy. Thanks in advance for the hand holding. :-)

luke01215

Re: Beginner LOST...

#2 Post by luke01215 » 01.03.2018, 01:15

Hey! I hope this helps.

What I would do to check and make sure everything is correct is to use the Synchronize Ability.

From the menu Folder, go down to Synchronize.
You then have options to compare and synchronize. This will do a comparison of both folders and show you the differences.

You can click compare.
Then click synchronize.

:D

Forez

Re: Beginner LOST...

#3 Post by Forez » 01.04.2018, 15:33

You can also use software like TeraCopy, for a safer coping and moving of your files. A lot of FC users also use it

And / or you can clone you drive to another with some free partition cloning software