TeraCopy 2 vs. 3 [off-topic]

Discussion, questions and support.
Forez

TeraCopy 2 vs. 3 [off-topic]

#1 Post by Forez » 25.08.2019, 22:01

There have been some talk about integrating TC more into FC. But on a side note: which versions are you using?

I recently went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and during the transition acquired the newest versions of various software that I use. And with TeraCopy I went from 2.3 to 3.26. And went back to the old one after about 2 weeks

Because in my experience, the Third version sucks. It is uninformative, hard to read, buggy, and takes too much space on the screen, obscuring the view. For me it was simply creating chaos instead of helping

But the two things I liked about it in it was the fact that separate tasks were now held together [glued together on top of each other] and that tasks could be resumed later on, even after the reset. But am I not mistaken that this comes out from how Windows 10 itself is built [in that the 3.26 is compatible with the features it provides]?

The second version is no where near of being perfect, and now on my new system it seems to be buggy [or it is just the operating system which showing its bugs], but nevertheless it does not give me a headache when I use it

horst.epp

Re: TeraCopy 2 vs. 3 [off-topic]

#2 Post by horst.epp » 26.08.2019, 14:41

Why not trying a free alternative which is easy to integrate with any file manager.
I use FastCopy for this
https://fastcopy.jp/en/
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
Everything Version 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.67
FreeCommander XE 2024 Build 905 64-bit donor

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 09.09.2019, 17:03

horst.epp wrote: 26.08.2019, 14:41 Why not trying a free alternative which is easy to integrate with any file manager.
I use FastCopy for this
I recently stumbled upon this software by myself, because it allowed me to finally bypass various restrictions and bugs that prevented me from removing the Recycle Bin folder from a drive in Windows 10

So I think I will try it; because I tried one integrating TeraCopy and ended up going to my old settings

sherpa25

#4 Post by sherpa25 » 10.09.2019, 10:35

horst.epp wrote: 26.08.2019, 14:41 Why not trying a free alternative which is easy to integrate with any file manager.
I use FastCopy for this
Thanks for the tip. How'd you integrate it w/ Freecommander, can you show your settings, pls. TIA

milnak

#5 Post by milnak » 04.11.2019, 00:17

Here's how I configured FastCopy for FreeCommander.

Change program path below to match where you installed fastcopy to.

Tools > Favorites tools > Favorite tools edit... (Shift-Ctrl-Y)

Add new toolbar (Ins)
Name: FastCopy

Click FastCopy toolbar and add these:

Name: Copy
Program: C:\Users\Public\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe
Parameter: /cmd=diff /auto_close /estimate /balloon /error_stop %ActivSel% /to=%InactivDir%
[X] Enclose each selected item with "
Icon: C:\Users\Public\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe

Name: Move
Parameter: /cmd=move /auto_close /estimate /balloon /error_stop %ActivSel% /to=%InactivDir%

Name: Delete
Parameter: /cmd=delete /auto_close /estimate /balloon /error_stop %ActivSel%