Faster renaming? More icons?

Discussion, questions and support.
sherpa25

Faster renaming? More icons?

#1 Post by sherpa25 » 08.09.2019, 05:14

Hi, new here, so Hi everyone. This is an amazing File Manager, so many features, can't even get to maximize it fully.

I use the splitter menu w/ some icons to help speed up my frequent usage. Couple of questions:
1. I frequently rename files (ie. rename subtitle files to have the same name as the movie file). Currently I created these 3 icons: 'rename file', 'copy name w/o extension', 'Paste'. So I select the movie file and click 'copy name w/o ext' icon, then select subtitle file and click 'rename file' icon, then Ctrl-V to paste (because the paste command from the icon doesn't see anything from clipboard after I click 'copy name w/o ext.', it stays grey).

Is there a faster/better way to do this renaming, and why doesn't 'paste' see anything from clipboard?

2. In relation to #1, where can I get icons for these commands, as there are no built-in icons?

Thanks.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Faster renaming? More icons?

#2 Post by Dreamer » 08.09.2019, 15:04

1. If you have the files in its subfolders with the same name, you can use Multi rename and profiles, or use last used settings, e.g. folder "movieabc", files "movieabc.avi" (or other), "subtitlexxyz.txt", just enter the subfolder, no need to select files, just stay at "[..]" item and press F2 (or click the rename button), set the options below and click Enter.

Pattern: | File name: [p]
File extension: [e]

If you have multiple folders with any video files and any subtitle files, you can rename all these files by folder, just use the options "with subfolders" and "only files", go to folder with these subfolders, to [..] item, press F2, Enter (just save those options above and use menu option "Start with last used settings" - or use profiles and you can easily switch profile at start with option "Activate profiles combo box first", then just use F2, arrow key to choose profile and Enter).

More about multi rename here.

2. You need to find the free icons, or use icons from Windows, e.g.:

%systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll

More paths here, for example: https://www.passfab.com/windows-10/wind ... ation.html

EDIT: I just created a suggestion which could help you with this one:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9790

sherpa25

Re: Faster renaming? More icons?

#3 Post by sherpa25 » 09.09.2019, 09:02

Thank you so much! That was detailed... really appreciate it! :)