Not Operator in Filter of the Search files seems not to work.

Bugs and issues.
Ticros

Not Operator in Filter of the Search files seems not to work.

#1 Post by Ticros » 15.04.2020, 09:50

Hello,
When having a search and try to use a filter with e.g. the character a is not included \~a all files will be not shown.
If I do the same \~a in the file list with view details, the filter worked.

I tested this with two files a.txt and b.txt in a folder.

I think the issue was already in the previous public version, maybe even before.

Version: FreeCommander XE 2020 Build 810a 32-bit public

ralfso

Re: Not Operator in Filter of the Search files seems not to work.

#2 Post by ralfso » 15.04.2020, 16:40

Where did you type "\~a" ?
The search window has an own Filter tab.
https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Filters.html
Regards
Ralf

Win10 (64-bit), Intel i7-2600 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD, 2x2000 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 545

Ticros

#3 Post by Ticros » 16.04.2020, 08:26

I typed in the quick filter in the bottom of the search window to filter the results of the search.

ralfso

#4 Post by ralfso » 17.04.2020, 14:03

Yes, I can confirm, the quick filter box in main window and in search window have different behaviour.

The Operator NOT \~ is working in quick filter box in main window but not in quick filter box in search window.
But I don't know if it worked in older version.

The Help for quick filter box in main window describes this NOT operator https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Quickfilter.html
while the help for search window doesn't say something about this NOT operator https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Search.html (Information and filter bar)
Maybe it's not implemented because in search window there is an own tab for filtering (exclude files).
Regards
Ralf

Win10 (64-bit), Intel i7-2600 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD, 2x2000 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 545

Ticros

#5 Post by Ticros » 20.04.2020, 13:19

The Operator NOT \~ is working in quick filter box in main window but not in quick filter box in search window.
But I don't know if it worked in older version.
At least not for the last public version.
Maybe it's not implemented because in search window there is an own tab for filtering (exclude files).
If the mouse courser hovers over the quick filter the same tool tip appears as in the file window quick filter, including the Not operator.
I do not know why it is not mention in the help then.

Also the filter tab does not serve the same purpose as the the quick filter since, every time you want to change the filter,
you need to redo the search, which depending on the complexity of the search can take quite a bit in comparison to what
the quick filter can achieve quite fast.

Ticros

#6 Post by Ticros » 29.01.2021, 11:45

Another thing I found with the Filter in the search window:
On the regular filter an expression like .doc;.xls would give you .doc and .xls files as a filter.
In the search window only one expression seems possible like if you do .doc;.xls nothing is shown.