I've encountered a strange bug that, I believe, wasn't here before.
If a file has very special characters in its name (émojis trigger the bug, accented characters do not), then the file is hard to manipulate:
- no popup menu when you right-click on its name
- unable to move (drag and drop) the file
- when renaming (with slow double click), to removing those pesky emojis, it first seems to fail, then you get the dialog to rename the file instead of the slow double click feature. At this point, you can effectively rename the file
If it's a folder, everything works fine!
It's as if FreeCommander had trouble "finding" the file. It can display its name all right (including the emojis), but when trying to manipulate it, maybe it gets an error from Windows API or something.
It's not a big deal because it's very easy to work around (rename to remove the stupid emojis) and it's very rare to get such weird file names. However, it's not the first time I get files like this, and I'm 100% sure I had no problems before. (It might have been a few months since I last received such a file though, not sure at all).
(NB: the same file has no trouble in Windows Explorer, the usual right-click menu works and it can be renamed with no problem.)
FreeCommander XE 2020 Build 826 64-bit donor / Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)
I tried to downgrade to Build 822, it didn't change anything. I also restarted the PC and Windows-updated, no luck (of course). I could try to downgrade further if you want.
I also tried in "default settings and without plugins" mode ("/N /NewIni=%FcAppDataPath%\Settings\FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English"), and it was a little better. First the right-click menu and drag and drop worked, then after a while it ceased to work.
Thank you for this wonderful software!
Bugs and issues.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests