I started a new FC session with a new config file "testsettings" as suggested by the 'read this first' post.
Goal is to always show my downloads folder in descending dates order (so file with newest date on top). Used these steps:
- created an auto view and called it 'Downloads'
- set condition <mask>Downloads
- selected Sort On: Date/Time and checked Descending
- moved this view to the top, so view downloads first, followed by <Default View>
- set the check box 'switch view mode automatically on folder'
Then do the following:
- select folder "C:\Users\Ron"
- click on name column to sort ascending on names
- double click on the downloads folder (C:\Users\ron\Downloads)
I have tried different masks such as Downloads, *Downloads and *ownloads with the same result.
Can't think of anything I am doing wrong, is this a bug?
PS I have never been able to get auto views to work also on previous versions. This is the first time I tested it with a clean installation.