Possible size error in structureless mode?

Bugs and issues.
broby6

Possible size error in structureless mode?

#1 Post by broby6 » 24.02.2014, 07:45

I'm running Free Commander XE 2014 Build 650 under Win 7 Service pack 1 and my two panels are arranged vertically, not that that should make any difference. Folder trees are on for both panels.

If I select the same folder having subfolders with files in both panels and then select structureless view in both panels, the total megabytes differs by a factor of about 3, but the number of objects is the same. The sizes for the folders are shown in the first panel, but not in the second. Are the folder sizes being counted more than once?

I used this capability in the old FreeCommander as a quick check when copying files between drives. When I did that with XE I got strange results so I tried it on the same set of folders as described above.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Possible size error in structureless mode?

#2 Post by Marek » 24.02.2014, 21:14

Which plain view command have you selected:
- Plain view - files
- Plain view - folders
- Plain view - files, folders

I see now a bug for "Plain view - folders" and "Plain view - files, folders". The size of each folder is with subfolders.
Maybe showing the size of folders for "Plain view - files, folders" make no sense?
The sizes for the folders are shown in the first panel, but not in the second.

You should turn on it for each panel.

broby6

Re: Possible size error in structureless mode?

#3 Post by broby6 » 24.02.2014, 23:22

Thanks for the quick response. The bug is quite minor and easy to avoid by just using Plain view - files.

I was turning on the Plain view -folders, files in both panels and got different size results . I also get different size results with Plain view - folders in the two panels. The plain view - files gives the same size results in both panels.

Maybe it doesn't make sense to total the folder and file sizes in folder - file view (that does suggest that more disk space is being used than actually is). However the the count is done I think the result in both panels should be the same.

Incidentally, I want to mention that FreeComander XE is a marvelous program and I want to thank you for making it available.