Last access time not preserved on copy

Bugs and issues.
matandra

Last access time not preserved on copy

#1 Post by matandra » 14.05.2015, 21:29

When copying a directory structure via F5 with option "Preserve file/folder timestamp" activated the last access time of files gets updated - this is not what can be expected from the preservation setting.

The behavior is the same when using default setetings and no plugins. Is it intentional? How then can i achieve a true copy?

Windows 7 SP1 64bit
FC XE Build 691 64bit

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Last access time not preserved on copy

#2 Post by Dreamer » 16.05.2015, 16:57

I don't think it's a bug, time created/modified is preserved, I don't know if the accessed date/time can be presserved/changed.

matandra

Re: Last access time not preserved on copy

#3 Post by matandra » 16.05.2015, 18:40

Dreamer wrote:I don't think it's a bug, time created/modified is preserved, I don't know if the accessed date/time can be presserved/changed.
It IS possible to change all time values (Creation, Change, Access). Maybe the normal behavior of the underlying API function automatically updates the last access time, so it might be necessary to set the value again when copy function has finished.

The point is that a true copy operation should preserve all settings. For bigger file share operations i use ROBOCOPY, but i like to use FC for the smaller ones which can be executed interactively.