Problems with quick view: show at least title, use deny-none

Bugs and issues.
HansS

Problems with quick view: show at least title, use deny-none

#1 Post by HansS » 15.11.2015, 14:45

I (and other users) had the problem, that quick view was accidentally enabled, which leads to error messages if I want to save changed file form external editor. I suggest the following improvements:

1. At least the title line of enabled quick view should always be visible, or the split position should be automatically changed to show at least the title if quick view is turned on. I have dual panel enabled, horizontal, but most of the time the splitter at lower border (I find it most practical for me to simply drag the main splitter if I really need the second panel). And in this view there is absolutely nothing visible from the quick view.

2. FreeCommander should open the file for quick view without impede other applications. It may help to use "OF_SHARE_DENY_NONE" in Windows API OpenFile(), or FreeCommander should simply close the file after quick view panel was filled (and only watch for file time changes).

3. There are some display problems with quick view:
3.1 Quick view off, horizontal display, dual panel mode, "One viewer per panel", "Use the opposite panel", "bottom".
3.2 Text file in upper file list selected, nothing in lower file list selected.
3.3 Quick view on: Quick view appears below the second file list - obviously due to setting "Use the opposite panel".
3.4 Quick view off, single panel mode.
3.5 Quick view on: Quick view appears below the (single) file list (OK).
3.6 Dual panel mode: Quick view still below the upper file list (OK).
3.7 Quick view off(?): Second quick view of file from upper list appears below lower list (not OK).
3.8 Click on address bar of lower list (dir is C:\Users\Hans, but still nothing selected): Content of upper quick view changes: "C:\Users\Hans ... 56.184 file(s): ..." (with gray background): Not OK? "Use the opposite panel"?
3.8.1 The content of this quick view can be selected, but not copied to clipboard (not OK?).
3.9 Ctrl+Q: Upper quick view disappears, lower quick view still displayed (?) - so this combination of settings leads to unexpected behaviour...

4. Changing "Settings - View - Viewer - One viewer for both panels" solves my problems with viewer panel expect that file is locked.

PS.: I can send screen shots if needed (but found no button for attachments in this forum).

Win7-64, FreeCommanderXE-64-donor_portable700

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Problems with quick view: show at least title, use deny-

#2 Post by Marek » 15.11.2015, 19:54

It would be nice if you cold send me some screenshots.
Have you used some WCX plugin or built-in view?

HansS

Re: Problems with quick view: show at least title, use deny-

#3 Post by HansS » 02.12.2015, 14:05

I tested FreeCommanderXE-donor_portable703 and recognized that the splitter is red now, if the panel is invisible (if the splitter is all down or all right). This is surely a nice feature, but not the solution for my problem with invisible quick view. I think there should be an option to set different modes for this:

1. Turn colouring of splitter off.
2. Colouring if quick view invisible only, not if only the file panel is invisible (because the splitter with the handle itself is already enough "reminder" for the invisible panel).
3. Colouring if panel invisible (like it's now in 703).