Failure

Bugs and issues.
HaraldW

Failure

#1 Post by HaraldW » 04.04.2016, 20:06

My Samsung S7 is connected to my PC, FC sees the phone, but when I click on the phone, the subfolders (Phone and Card) don't show up, though they do show up with WE. The previous version of FC that I had did see all the subfolders, but as soon as I tried a file operation, FC froze. Move, Copy, delete, it didn't matter. WE worked fine as did PowerDesk.

I like FC mostly for the batch File | Rename.

NumberOne

Re: Failure

#2 Post by NumberOne » 10.04.2016, 00:06

yeah, this is a known issue. :oops:
we're already waiting for years now for a proper support for the attached devices
like smart phones, digital cameras, sd cards and so on.
the problem is probably the different protocols like MTP, PTP, UMS of which some are only partially implemented or simply not working as expected. If money is not an issue for you get 79,95 € and buy another file manager. :roll:

possible work-arounds: after connecting your smart phone to the pc you should be able to change the protocol by swiping down, you may want to try that.
alternatively get a decent android file manager then you can transfer files to your PC via SMB, FTP, SFTP, WebDav or via the frigging cloud though I would not recommend the latter.

Timon

#3 Post by Timon » 10.04.2016, 06:34

but when I click on the phone, the subfolders (Phone and Card) don't show up
Just connect your phone NOT as a device, but as a removable drive.

HaraldW

#4 Post by HaraldW » 11.04.2016, 18:13

Timon wrote:
but when I click on the phone, the subfolders (Phone and Card) don't show up
Just connect your phone NOT as a device, but as a removable drive.
How would I do that?

Timon

#5 Post by Timon » 11.04.2016, 19:17

It depends on Android version.

Go to your smartphone Settings and select "Memory". Next, locate the connection settings via USB, where you select the device as MTP. The message that the USB is connected, click on "Attach a USB storage device" if it is necessary. This will bring up a confirmation dialog box. Click «OK».

or

Open the "Settings"> "More ..."
Find and click on the «USB Utility", when you'll see "USB Mass Storage Device", you need to click on "Connect USB-drive"