Wrong coloring for folders

Bugs and issues.
fcbr

Wrong coloring for folders

#1 Post by fcbr » 19.01.2017, 15:57

Hi.

I had used version 650 with the following problem. So I updated to version 715 but the same problem prevails. So I describe it here.

You can do color coding for items (files, folders) according to their attributes, but there is no color coding for attributes combinations, the attribute higher in the list will prevail. Example: system = blue, hidden = green, system and hidden = blue if system is first in the list, not red for example. This is not so good but in accordance with the help file, no bug.

So I tried this in another way. I did prefigured filters, and then assigned colors to these prefigured filters.

First bug / illogical setting: You can do the filters for: folders, files, files and folders. But in any of these, the attribute "D" for directory can be set to yes, no, irrelevant. So this in highly misleading already, but I put attention to put this correctly, i.e. in accordance with the option "for files / for folders / for both".

Second bug, and that's the real problem: When I set filters for "both" or "for files only": "attribute: system" and "attribute: hidden" and "attribute: system and hidden" (= a combination, 3 filters in total), then those filters appear in "Tools - Settings - File/folder list - Items color - Color by file type - New one - Select predefined filter", as expected, and then, I can set up different colors for these filters, in my example:

- Filter "system-hidden" (i.e. the combination I had been after): red
- Filter "system": blue
- Filter "hidden": green

It goes without saying that in the field "Color by attributes", I had reset all colors to black = default, since even single attributes are now handled by those filters.

Now for the problem: Now all FOLDERS are displayed in RED, while all those folders are neither "system" nor "hidden", all the less so a combination of these.

It does NOT help to fiddle around with the filters, e.g. by doing the filters "for files and folder" or "for files only", and even when I set up 3 additional filters: "system and hidden", "system" and "hidden", "for folders only", and then "color: black=default" for all these, the folders remain red. (And even if I clearly distinguish the scope for files and folders both in the filter scope settings AND in the filter attributes settings table.)

So it's evident there is a bug, and I even can identify it:

Folder entries always get the very FIRST color which is set by prefigured filter, even if it's for FILES only, within the list "Color by file type":

For example, when in the above setting I delete the first filter "files only: system AND hidden = color red" from the list, then the filter "files only: system = blue" is first in the list, and yes, then all folders are displayed in blue!

With the above, I think it should be easy to identify this real bug in the source code; as for the first problem described above, perhaps you could look into it, too?

Thank you for this fine free file manager!

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Wrong coloring for folders

#2 Post by Marek » 19.01.2017, 21:45

Thanks for the detailed description.
Fixed for the next release.

fcbr

Re: Wrong coloring for folders

#3 Post by fcbr » 19.01.2017, 23:07

Thank you, that's great!