Copy pictures from my smartphone to my hard disk..?

Bugs and issues.
Armand

Copy pictures from my smartphone to my hard disk..?

#1 Post by Armand » 29.04.2017, 05:57

Since I use the version "FreeCommander XE 2017 Build 740 32-bit public", I cannot save anymore my pictures from my smartphone. Before this version, there was no problem. Is there any option that I should active or disactivate?
Thank you for your feedback; at the moment I have to use explorer.exe to do this operation!!!

Armand

Re: Copy pictures from my smartphone to my hard disk..?

#3 Post by Armand » 30.04.2017, 08:45

Hi Dreamer, thank you for your answer.
I see the pictures in "My Computer\Galaxy S4\Phone\WhatsApp\Media\WhatsApp Images", and if I double clik on them, it's opening my viewer program with the image.
But when I right clik on the file, no menu appears (I cannot choose to copy, or something else), and if I clik on the middle icons of freecommander to copy or to move the file, nothing is done! And I have this trouble since this version 740.
Do you have the same problem?
FYI, there is no problem with an external drive, but with my smartphone, since this version 740, I cannot copy or move anymore. I suppose there is anywhere an option or something like that...
Thank you for your feedback.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 30.04.2017, 13:17

I tried the version 745 64-bit and 740 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit with Samsung Galaxy S3 and it works good.

I remember that I had the problems with some folders only, but if was only with the FC operations. Context menu copy, Ctrl+C shortcut or F5/splitter copy button should work, at least one of these options, otherwise it's another issue.

How you enter the folder of your cell phone?
Which OS are you using?

You can try to do to "My computer"/"This PC" folder in FC and then to phone ("Galaxy S4") folder.
You can test the options in Settings (F12) > File folder operations:

General > "Use Windows" or "Use FreeCommander"
General > bottom options "Use FreeCommander method" or "Use Vista method for all drives"

You can also try to use another FC installation, download and unpack FreeCommander XE 2017 portable ZIP to other folder than "Program Files" / "Program Files (x86)", e.g. C:\Programs\FreeCommanderTest . This way you can test with default settings and your original installation with your settings will be preserved.

Please try to copy the files from other folders, also from the SD card, perhaps it's the access issue with some folders only.

Armand

#5 Post by Armand » 01.05.2017, 12:24

Hi Dreamer,

I just tried with the FC option. Nothing change. It's always the same problem. And always no menu appears when I right clik on a file in a directory of the smartphone.

When I connect my cell phone with USB connection, I see it under "This PC\Galaxy S4\Phone\".
The OS I use is Windows 10 Home 64 bits Version 1703.

I tried too with other folders. It's the same issue.

I have no problems with 2 explorer.exe windows to copy or move files!

Armand

#6 Post by Armand » 11.05.2017, 13:18

Has somebody the same issue? It's irritating that something before was working very well, and now no more!
Dreamer, if you have any idea... You're welcome.

Marek
Author
Author

#7 Post by Marek » 18.06.2017, 22:34

The OS I use is Windows 10 Home 64 bits Version 1703.
That's due to an error in Windows 10 1703.
Unfortunatelly it is not simple to report a bug to Microsft :).
So I had to rewrite the treatment of the MTP devices (release 748, soon).