Error message concerning FCIcons64.dll on every start

Bugs and issues.
JMK

Error message concerning FCIcons64.dll on every start

#1 Post by JMK » 24.11.2017, 03:06

UPDATE - PROBLEM WITHDRAWN & CLOSED -- Kaspersky Total Security - Trusted Applications Mode - was blocking this file. NOT SURE why Kaspersky picked this particular file, but that was the problem. Thanks anyhow.
--------------------------------------------------
On WIndows 10 Home edition, latest level with ALL Windows patches installed...

I have FreeCommander XE 2017 build 754 64-bit donor installed, and it always works great!

I downloaded FreeCommanderXE-64-donor_Portable762 and get the following message:

D:\###Users|Downloads|FreeCommanderXE-64-donor_Portable762|FCIcons64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation medial or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000022.

I then get this same error message a second time, and then FreeCommander launches (not sure if it is all OK then). Next time I relaunch FreeCommander, I get this error message twice again.

The problem reoccurs every time. I have tried this VERY many times. Sometimes, it would work fine if I ran it in its original location (download folder), but then after moving it to the desired location (not in download folder) it would not run, even though this is the portable version, but at this point after MANY tried I cannot get it to work at all. Even after rebooting, I have the same problem.

I have downloaded the ZIP file, and tried it again - same problem. I have googled for a similar erorr message and not found anything helpful. I've looked in this forum also.

But FreeCommander XE 2017 build 754 64-bit donor installed, and it ALWAYS works great! I did some testing with version 761 and it APPEARS to have the same problem as 762, so I think this bug was introduced in 761.

I have not tried the 762 SETUP version -- I've only tried the 762 & 761 PORTABLE versions.

I thank you in advance for all assistance here.