Fast on Pull, very slow on Push

Bugs and issues.
wwroller

Fast on Pull, very slow on Push

#1 Post by wwroller » 27.11.2017, 05:40

Hi. When using syncrhonize, I experience extremely slow file transfers in the push direction (sending files from local machine to network share). The same exact operation goes quickly (as expected) in the reverse direction. Here are some examples:

10 jpg files copied from local machine to network share, using the native windows file manager: less than 1 second.
10 jpg files copied from network share to local machine, using the native windows file manager: less than 1 second.

10 jpg files copied from local machine to network share, using FreeCommander Synchronize feature: 35 seconds.
10 jpg files copied from network share to local machine, using FreeCommander Synchronize feature: 2 seconds.

Can anyone help explain this behavior?

Thanks.

Karol

Re: Fast on Pull, very slow on Push

#2 Post by Karol » 27.11.2017, 11:32

Have you tried the current 760 beta release? https://freecommander.com/en/downloads/

wwroller

Re: Fast on Pull, very slow on Push

#3 Post by wwroller » 01.12.2017, 20:19

Thanks, Karol. No I hadn't tried that because this behavior is new (-ish). Never used to be a problem even in the older releases. But I just installed the 760 portable version just for fun, and the problem doesn't exist there. So all's well that ends well. Still wondering what caused the issue, but either way it's resolved for me. Thanks for the suggestion.