Issues with left alignment of the very first Column

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Issues with left alignment of the very first Column

#1 Post by Forez » 28.03.2018, 20:38

I would like to put some Column before the basic one with Name; probably the Size Auto or Modified

But when I move the Size Auto Column to the left side of that Name Column and also switch to some other Tab being displayed in the CTRL + 1 mode and then go back to that original Tab in CTRL + 2, a bug manifests itself. As a result of loosing from sight of that original Tab, now the values in it are glued to the left side of the Column instead to the right- in spite of Column Profiles still showing "Alignment --->" for the "Size Auto", which I have chosen. And if I were to move the Size Auto back to the right side of Name and switch back and forth between Tabs, then the alignment reverts to correct one

This wrong alignment also jumps in [or corrects itself] when I close and reopen FreeCommander, not changing the visible Tab [but in a matter of fact also loosing it from a sight]

So it seems that FreeCommander cannot tolerate the very first Column being aligned to the right. And that is because if I put two Columns on the left side of Name, then that which is the leftmost is manifesting the bug- and if I switch the 1st with the 2nd, then [after closing and reopening of FC or switching between Tabs back and forth] the bug affects the 1st [which was 2nd previously] and not the 2nd [which was the one that previously showed the bug]

Maybe this has something to do with the fact, that I can set the Name to have the right alignment- but no matter what, I will always see it with left
Last edited by Forez on 08.04.2023, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Issues with left alignment of the very first Column

#2 Post by Marek » 03.04.2018, 20:11

Unfortunatelly it is limitation of the Microsoft ListView control:

Forez

Re: Issues with left alignment of the very first Column

#3 Post by Forez » 07.04.2018, 16:27

Marek wrote: 03.04.2018, 20:11 Unfortunatelly it is limitation of the Microsoft ListView control
[...]
I am not a programmer so I will just throw in two ideas for a hypothetical workarounds:

A] How about coping the actual list that is to be displayed, creating some artificial new Column that is free of this limitation- and then pasting to it that data and displaying it "falsely" as the supposed Filename Column [and at the same time removing the original Filename Column from the available ones to users]

B] How about inserting a second instance of Filename Column with a zero width- that would always be on the very left side and thus always would be left aligned- but users would not see that Column and also would not be able to manipulate it [so that the user would not bring back a minifestation of that Microsoft limitation]?