Bugs and issues.
Forez

Chosen custom profile A changes to custom profile B when a file is moved

#1 Post by Forez » 13.07.2019, 21:44

Here is what happens. I often choose at the same time:

- Plain View mode [version CTRL + B]
- detailed view
- my own custom profile of Columns

And in this combo of views I see that in a Folder I have a File. But that File is in reality in not in Folder but a Sub-Folder of that Folder, which I know because that profile of mine for Columns has a Column with the Folder Name on its far left

And the bug is: if by whatever means I move that File from Sub-Folder to Folder - that choice of my of profile gets reverted to my previous choice [which happens to also be my custom profile]. And as I remember it was not like that in such situation up till the middle or the 3th quarter of 2018. Because back then in such situation I would see a change of content of the Folder Name Column for that particular File [the name of Folder Name would get correctly updated]. And it was very helpful form me - but now I have a counterproductive behavior of FreeCommander, which requires from to constantly switch back to my profile

I restored settings from beginning of 2018 - and that old user friendly behavior was there. So I guess either an update of FC messed the software up; or I squired some glitch to my Column settings and I am carrying it over ever since [since I do not know exactly when]

This was happening on Windows 7 and is happening on Windows 10. I am using FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public

Forez

Re: Chosen custom profile A changes to custom profile B when a file is moved

#2 Post by Forez » 25.08.2019, 21:53

For now I have found a workaround: I set the desired profile as the first one on the list of profiles

That way I still get it constantly changed- but this time to the one I need. And when I am done with a set of tasks that requires from usage of a given profile, I just change the order of profiles on the list

This works for me now, but I can imagine that in the future I will be in possession of more than 2 custom profiles and in need to switching between them constantly. So this will become a burden