Search window feature open files in the wrong software - and some of them even ignores

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Search window feature open files in the wrong software - and some of them even ignores

#1 Post by Forez » 09.09.2019, 16:11

I was doing some work on my multiple websites and I needed to open all index.html files that were located in sub-folders of a folder that contained off-line copies of these sites. So I went to that big folder, pressed CTRL + F, wrote down "index" in the "File name" box and pressed the "Find". By doing so a list of 11 files appeared. So I single clicked one of them, pressed CTRL + A to select all of them and then pressed the Enter on the keyboard. And to my surprise they were opened in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox; and what is more only 4 of them [out of 11] and all in separate instances of IE

That last mishap I can take care off apparently by first opening of IE and then pressing Enter on all of the selected files [11 out of 11 will be open in that one instance of IE]- but the main problem is that my default webbrowser is Firefox. If I select just one file from that Search list, it will be opened correctly in Firefox. But if I select as little as two- IE takes over [and opens 1 instead of 2]

[And this is a little similar to that other bug with sending files to third party software: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9422]

I am using:
- Windows 10 Enterprise x64 18362.239
- FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public
- Firefox 69.0
- Internet Explorer 11.239.18362.0