Web Viewer in FC

Discussion, questions and support.
jjjacob

Web Viewer in FC

#1 Post by jjjacob » 23.02.2009, 17:20

Hello I tried to configure FC as well as the Viewer (I tried both with the FC builtin viewer and the Univarsal Viewer) in order to be able to visualize directly in FC the web pages if I click on a file of type .url or .htm

But FC opens Internet Explorer and takes me to the web address but I would like to visualize it directly in FC (using the fast vizualization panel). That works for evey kinfd of files (pdf, excel, word, powerpoint, images etc...) but not for internet....

Could some one explain me if FC is able to show internet pages and how you do it ?

Thanks a lot

matera

#2 Post by matera » 24.02.2009, 02:34

Have you tried the Quick view? (button available on View toolbar, or Ctrl+Q) It works fine for me that way. Although I greatly prefer my default web browser, I can click on a link on a saved page and go to the site with FC. No special settings, as far as I know, I just had to OK the new version with my firewall. BTW, nice job, Marek :)

jjjacob

#3 Post by jjjacob » 24.02.2009, 08:48

Thanks for your answer.

I use Quick View indeed to visualize any kind of files on the opposite panel by adding the extensions I need. I press F3 to open the viewer and F9 in the viewer (builtin in this case) to access the configuration settings : Then I add the extensions of the files I use (.xls.ppt for example) in the "as internet". In order to see directly in the Quick View within FC the content of my internet bookmark, I changed the location of the extension .url from "as Text" to "as Internet". And then, when I click on a .url file with the Quick View opened on the opposite panel, it opens my internet browser (Internet Explorer in my case) instead of opening the web page within FC as it does with all the other types of files I've been using so far : .ppt.doc.xls.pdf for instance...

So I'm just wondering if you can visualize internet contents directly in the FC Quick View Panel ?

matera

#4 Post by matera » 26.02.2009, 06:11

Oh, all right, I see what you are saying now. I think it is a Windows issue. The URL file type is handled in a special way. A link on a web page behaves the way you want it to, but an URL file has to obey a different set of rules, and the viewer handles things from the wrong angle. I don't know if there is any way around it -- you would probably have to do something drastic in the Windoze Registry. It has too many unseen ties to untangle.

Interesting to think about.

Alex

#5 Post by Alex » 27.03.2009, 16:06

There is URL viewer plugin at: http://totalcmd.net/plugring/urlwlx.html
[size=92][url=http://www.uvviewsoft.com]Universal Viewer[/url]
[url=http://www.uvviewsoft.com/logviewer/]Log Viewer[/url][/size]