FTP - problems ending session

Discussion, questions and support.
matera

FTP - problems ending session

#1 Post by matera » 28.09.2009, 08:44

I have had some complaints from FC before, usually when I try to change to another drive after FTP-ing. Because of that, I use a dedicated FTP tab. But since I moved to vista x64, I've had more messages popping up. "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window" still comes up but there are worse things now. It won't log off without complaining, and then it won't go back to the default folder view.

This is what I get when I close a session:

---------------------------
ftp:// (url) - FreeCommander
Access violation at address 00404788 in module 'FreeCommander.exe'. Read of address 5D59595A.
OK

It does log out, but then I have to use the favorite folder key command to get back. It doesn't matter if I close the tab and start fresh, always the same complaining. :(

matera

Re: FTP - problems ending session

#2 Post by matera » 07.04.2010, 21:04

After some experimentation and observation, I have found that this behavior only occurs in a non-admin Windows profile. That's probably why no one else has complained about it. I very seldom run as admin for security reasons; I'm pretty strict about that. All of my web work is done in my user account. That's why I could never sign off without the nagging message. It just happened one day that I was in a hurry to do something and found out that it made a difference.

Most of the time my status is not a problem, but this one quirk of FC's is a big pain. FileZilla doesn't care either way.

Anyhow, I thought I should update this :)
Windows Vista 64-bit
Pentium E5200 Dual Core 2.5GHz