Is it possible to show sizes in mb

Discussion, questions and support.
S3ZAi

Is it possible to show sizes in mb

#1 Post by S3ZAi » 10.11.2009, 23:17

Hi, first of all thanks a lot for this great program! After trying a few shareware explorer replacements, I ended up with FreeCommander and it is by far the best and free on top of that too.

Anyway, the only reason I decided to look for a replacement for explorer is after installing windows 7. Believe it or not, with windows 7 explorer doesn't show the size of folder contents or free disk space in the status bar. The people at microsoft who thought of this should get a ban at working ever again at a software company. You make a lot of pictures and burn these to dvd's, so you prepare folders with the size of a dvd, you have to see what the size of a folder is while in the folder. Can't be done with win7, you have to get up one folder in the tree pane (but even the 'up' button was sacked with vista, so even that is sometimes a pain in the backside), right click on the folder you want to know the size of, click on properties and do this every time you add a few pictures to see if it is around 4.4 gb's. Well, thanks to God some people have more sense and there are alternatives like FC.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, it is just always something with windows. I am so thankfull that with FC I can see the size of a folder and remaining hd space, but my question is that in the settings there is an option to make the sizes show in bytes or in kb's, but I would like to have it show it in mb's is there any way to do this? I mean, nowadays files are so big, thinking in mb's is much easier than thinking in bytes or kb's. But if it can't be done, I will still be very happy with FC. Thanks again for this little gem. :D

Dreamer
Site Admin

#2 Post by Dreamer » 11.11.2009, 01:50

What about "Auto (KB, MB, GB)" option? Or do you want MB only?

S3ZAi

#3 Post by S3ZAi » 11.11.2009, 02:10

No I don't want mb only, but the auto function didn't do anything, that's why I asked. With the auto option, everything still showed in kb's, could this be a win7 issue or do I have to change some other setting? Is it supposed to adapt to file sizes with auto option enabled? Because nothing changed, I didn't get what the auto option is good for.

matera

#4 Post by matera » 11.11.2009, 02:52

Do you have any problem with other FC settings?

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 12.11.2009, 01:42

S3ZAi wrote:...could this be a win7 issue
I think so, but I can't check it, it's OK with Vista. Any Seven user here?

S3ZAi

#6 Post by S3ZAi » 12.11.2009, 07:21

Well, after rebooting my pc the auto function suddenly works, this was exactly what I meant, big files in gb and smaller files in kb, really cool. Thnx for the help.