Make Folder List

Discussion, questions and support.
PhiloVance

Make Folder List

#1 Post by PhiloVance » 13.12.2009, 19:51

Just started using FC. I love it.

When I try to use the Folder->Make Folder List... feature, I get misaligned output. Data doesn't line up under Column Headings. And Folder Names don't align with File Names, because Bytes pushes File Names to the right. It's as though tabs are being misinterpreted or aren't being output. Doesn't matter if I use QuickView, or the internal editor or Notepad.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is it possible to select the columns and column order that gets output to the list?

TIA.

matera

#2 Post by matera » 15.12.2009, 01:58

There are no tabs, the file is created with spaces. Not so great, but if you need fancier lists there is other freeware available just to make lists. AFAIK there is no way to choose columns. I only use FC for listing when I'm in a hurry :)

What font are you using? It has to be monospaced to look halfway right. I use Lucida Console in my default text editor (AkelPad), a compromise between readability and keeping columns straight.

PhiloVance

#3 Post by PhiloVance » 15.12.2009, 19:21

Thanks for the info, matera. I was afraid you were going to say that.

FC handles so many of my other file requirements, it would be nice if it could be a bit more capable in this area. I'll head over to the feature request section and ask for it there.