Search Term Changes with Scrolling

Discussion, questions and support.
Bigun

Search Term Changes with Scrolling

#1 Post by Bigun » 09.01.2010, 16:36

There must be other posts on this subject but no matter how specific I make my search terms, I can get the number of responses to be less than three hundred. When I spot check a return post, I find that the post does not have my search terms anywhere in it.

The situation: I enter a search term into FreeCommander and the number of response exceeds a page in length in my browser window. I try to scroll down the page using the wheel on my mouse when the cursor is anywhere on the page other than directly on the scrollbar.

100% of the time the search term that I have typed into FreeCommander changes as soon as I start rotating the mouse wheel. The only way that I can search on the original term is to retype it.

if I have the cursor on the scrollbar when I began to roll the wheel on the mouse, the page scrolls down normally and the term that I am searching on remains the same.

I am using the latest version of FreeCommander. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the program without any relief from the problem.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#2 Post by Dreamer » 10.01.2010, 00:58

Strange, it works good here.

matera

#3 Post by matera » 10.01.2010, 07:54

Sounds odd. What kind of mouse are you using, what version of Windows?
Windows Vista 64-bit
Pentium E5200 Dual Core 2.5GHz