Really useful

Discussion, questions and support.
jbosma

Really useful

#1 Post by jbosma » 23.01.2010, 23:20

I use FreeCommander all the time and I've come to rely on it. Being able to open multiple tabs, and lock some of them, and the two-window interface, are all such great features, making navigation in the file system more efficient. When I need to use a computer that only has Windows Explorer, I am reminded of just how lame that really is. (and I usually install FreeCommander, and copy my shortcuts file, ASAP.)

Recently I had to rename ~100 files. It was a one-time thing to transition to a new file-naming convention we have adopted in a program that we are developing. It was too many files to do one-by-one, and I was wondering how much time it would take me to write a VB script to do it... then I remembered FreeCommander's Multi-Rename function. 60 seconds later, problem solved!

Thanks so much!

matera

Re: Really useful

#2 Post by matera » 24.01.2010, 15:33

I'll second all that.

FC is the first thing I install in a new computer or after a Windows re-install. It's the first thing I want when I'm working on someone else's computer. I carry it on more than one USB stick and my "toolkit" CD.

Of all the file managers I've tried, it's the one I've stuck with longest and the only one I absolutely must have. It even saved my neck when my hard drive wouldn't boot.

It's better than bread and cheese :D