[SOLVED] trying to select a specific group

Discussion, questions and support.
hansencomputers

[SOLVED] trying to select a specific group

#1 Post by hansencomputers » 19.10.2010, 20:50

Hello,
I have been experimenting with filters (ctrl+F) and the "Quick Filter" as well as the "Edit-Select Group" functions, and can not quite achieve what I need. maybe someone can get me on the right track.

What I have is a directory with about 400 files. They are .xls and .txt files (for each .xls file there is a corresponding .txt file).

The files have various names. Most (but not all) have either "40-" or "20-" in the name. Some file names also include the letters "CAA".

I want to select a specific set of files from this directory. I want to select only the .txt files with 40- and/or 20- in the file name, but skip those that also have the letters CAA in the name.

Is it possible to use the "Select Group" function (found under menu item Edit) and specifically select the .txt files with 40- and/or 20- in the file name, but exclude those with CAA in the?

I can get there using multiple techniques, but would really like to be able to save the selection (as in a ".sel" file) or some other way to take one step and have my special selection.

I hope I explained this properly. I appreciate any help.

Sincerely,
Mike H
Last edited by hansencomputers on 20.10.2010, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

Karol

Re: trying to select a specific group

#2 Post by Karol » 20.10.2010, 08:18

Try to define a filter: Ctrl+F and click on "Define...".
Add new filter and define for:
Include: *40*.txt;*20*.txt
Exclude: *caa*

hansencomputers

Re: trying to select a specific group

#3 Post by hansencomputers » 20.10.2010, 15:05

Thank you, problem solved. I appreciate the help.

Mike