Will we ever see a 64bit version of FreeCommander?

Discussion, questions and support.

What is your desire to see FreeCommander be 64bit!

1. Cant live without it bring it on!
61%
2. Not needed now but probably in the future.
39%
3. Does not interest me at all.
No votes

Total votes: 18

macatk

Will we ever see a 64bit version of FreeCommander?

#1 Post by macatk » 03.01.2012, 06:19

Well the topic pretty well covers it. I love this program and been using it for years but it not able to work as well in Windows 764bit. As a file manager I think that a important thing to do. I have tried some other 64bit file managers and the work well with especially right click choices and also files show proper icons but dont have all the feature FreeCommander has. So I like to see buy a poll how many people would desire it and how important it would be. Let the polling begin!

MilesAhead

Re: Will we ever see a 64bit version of FreeCommander?

#2 Post by MilesAhead » 19.03.2012, 01:03

I assume to go 64 bit will require different development tools. I've tried the XE version a couple of times. But the different look kind of throws me. I'd like to see 64 bit with the same look as 2009.02b. I guess it's not possible. Until XE has Multi-Rename Tool enabled I don't think I'll have much incentive to use it. Enabling all the functions in XE is likely the best chance to acclimate users to an upcoming 64 bit if that's the look of the future.

At this point I'm sticking with 2009.02b as long as is practical. I've tried Q-Dir 64 bit. I like the idea of quad panes. But in practice it doesn't seem very solid. If you do something while another operation is still pending it tries to process the new command but then things get muddled. Just doesn't seem to be solid. But that's just my impression. I haven't used it extensively. I write a lot of small hotkey programs that launch Explorer in various ways. For that reason I tend to use a file manger for special functions like the rename and folder sync.
"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"