Page 1 of 1
2007.10 not associating zip files
Posted: 30.11.2007, 14:48
Installed on a laptop running win2k. The zip files are not associating at all with FreeCommander.
When installed on a couple of other computers, this was no problem. How can I associate files the zip files with FreeCommander.
Posted: 30.11.2007, 23:17
It should be working automatically AFAIK.
Posted: 01.12.2007, 04:33
I did have Powerdesk v5.0 installed before.
Maybe it is a registery issue?
Posted: 01.12.2007, 19:58
Perhaps you could explain what exactly do you need - to open archive when you double click it in FreeCommander - or if you double click the archive in explorer you want to open the archive in FreeCommander?
Posted: 02.12.2007, 12:31
I need the zip files to be associated with FreeCommander. There is no way to set this property through the software or going through the "Open With" in windows.
I installed FreeCommander on an XP and another Win2k, the file associations just happened.
I did take the step of uninstalling FreeCommander, rebooting the computer, and then reinstalling, but still the file associations did not take.
Posted: 02.12.2007, 13:10
So you want to open the archive in FreeCommander when you double click the file in explorer? If so, I think it's not possible.
Posted: 02.12.2007, 14:00
Define file association for XP:
- - open Windows Explorer
- go to Tool->Folder Options
- open the tab Folder Types
- find 'ZIP' in the list of registered file types
- select the ZIP line
- klick on Changes... button
- Open with... dialog will be opened
- klick on Browse... button and find FreeCommander.exe
- close Browse.. dialog with OK
- new line with FeeCommander.exe appears in Open with... dialog
- select the line
- activate the option "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
- close the dialog with OK