Trouble caused by autocomplete in go to folder

Discussion, questions and support.
Ein

Trouble caused by autocomplete in go to folder

#1 Post by Ein » 11.07.2012, 19:52

I need to work around the auto completion of the "go to folder dialog" and/or the "edit folder address bar". The problem is that I don't like how I can't simply type the address I want and press <enter>. I have to see if there is a completion or not and press <backspace><enter> or <enter> depending. This is troublesome for me because I have a very handy autohotkey script which automates navigation and typing pathnames in Windows Explorer. Obviously I want to switch over to using FreeCommander exclusively, but this is holding me back.

Karol

Re: Trouble caused by autocomplete in go to folder

#2 Post by Karol » 12.07.2012, 09:58

You could try to disable auto complete viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2803.

Ein

Re: Trouble caused by autocomplete in go to folder

#3 Post by Ein » 12.07.2012, 14:18

I stumbled across that, but it doesn't work apparently? Or it does something else?

I opened FreeCommander.ini. There is no PathEditAutoCompleteSource field, so I added it as the first new line under the [Form] section and set it equal to 0.

Now I open FreeCommander, use the go to folder function or the edit address bar function to navigate to "C:\Games". So far no autocomplete, but the next time I navigate to somewhere it will autocomplete "C.." with "C:\Games".