FreeCommander Crashes Right After Copying Files / Folders

Discussion, questions and support.
jfjunior

FreeCommander Crashes Right After Copying Files / Folders

#1 Post by jfjunior » 24.12.2012, 13:39

I'm FreeCommander XE version 0.0.0.611 donor preview, however I've observed this bug on other XE portables and installed versions.

I use dual panels with folder trees on both sides. Problem is intermittent and it happens 85% of the time.

If I select a small folder on my left side panel (drive C) and copy it - using Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V - to the right side panel (drive D), FC will copy the folder successfully and crashes right after.

If I select a small folder on my left side panel (drive C), then right click the mouse and select "copy" I will find out that I cannot paste using the mouse right button click, since there is no "paste" command within the right click menu. However if I hit (Ctrl+V) it will crash FC again.

If I drag a folder, using the right mouse button, from the left side panel (drive C) to the right side one (drive D), and once I get to the destination folder and I let go the button and select "copy here" it will not crash as often.

So I think the problem is more pronounced with keyboard usage "ctrl+c" and "ctrl+v", which is a drag for me since I'm a keyboard type of user. :)

Will this be addressed in future versions?

Thank you.

Scott_Y

Re: FreeCommander Crashes Right After Copying Files / Folder

#2 Post by Scott_Y » 11.01.2013, 03:20

What OS are you using?

You say that the problem happens when you are copying from C: to D:, and from left panel to right. I assume that's just for clarity, and the problem happens irrespective of the drives or direction of panels, but it's best to ask.

And you don't have this problem doing an identical copy between two instances of Windows Explorer, correct?

jfjunior

Re: FreeCommander Crashes Right After Copying Files / Folder

#3 Post by jfjunior » 31.03.2013, 18:49

Hi Scott_Y,

I`m using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits. I`ve lots of memory - 16Gb - and disk space available and all my other software are working just fine, no crashes, BSOD, etc. The only issue I`ve is that my machine bogs down after being running for 7 or more days without powering it off and I`ve to reboot it. Except for that it works great.

Problem is totally non existent when I use two open instances of Windows Explorer to copy or move files across. It also does not matter the direction of the copy, if the drive is a network or attached drive or if I use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+v or the mouse. However I did noticed that it won`t crash if the file I`m copying or moving is just a small file. However anything larger than 1Mb and bingo, there is a crash right after the file copy is completed.

Thank you.