When clicked in Adress bar....

Suggestions and feature requests.
forgetu

When clicked in Adress bar....

#1 Post by forgetu » 23.12.2013, 12:17

I requested this feature a few years ago. I want to do this one more time.
Please let me see favorite folders instead of history when I click on the adress bar Or let me have that as an option please.

That is very convenient actually.

In TC, double click on address bar shows favorite folders but that's a bit bothering. If I can see favorite folders with just one right click, I would be happy and would delete all other file management utils.

I know theres a favorite icon on the right of the addresss bar. However that's too small and requires an exact mouse focusing while clicking on adress bar is fast an easy

Please, take my request into consideration ^^

Karol

Re: When clicked in Adress bar....

#2 Post by Karol » 23.12.2013, 12:56

There is "Favorites" item in main menu and favorites tree (Alt+F).

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss » 23.12.2013, 19:44

Or Alt+Up .

forgetu

#4 Post by forgetu » 28.12.2013, 19:00

Karol wrote:There is "Favorites" item in main menu and favorites tree (Alt+F).
I knew the menu being there. Thanks for the favorites tree which I didn't know. But... the menu and tree need twice of mouse click - first, activate the panel you want, second, click the favorites menu or favorites tree. More worse, I have to move mouse far away from those menu or tree to the panel.

My suggestion reduces the bothering steps to one mouse click. And reduces the movements of the mouse as well. ^^

forgetu

#5 Post by forgetu » 28.12.2013, 19:13

joby_toss wrote:Or Alt+Up .
I often use wireless mouse without a keyboard with a projector to watch movies and pictures.
Even sitting in front of a desk, I prefer using mouse. Alt+Up needs more steps to do what I want- First activate the panel, and Alt+up and come back to the panel to go through the files and folders.

Once you experience the convinience of clicking on the address bar to show favarites, you will come to love it pretty much. If you want to see how convinient it is, try nexusfile. or total commander plz. I'm disappointed at Nexusfile becase it's develepment seems to be stopped and TC-that is a comercial program sadly. However, they show favorite folders by the click on the address bar which I love ^^

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 29.12.2013, 01:25

If you really need the mouse, please consider the small tool HotkeyP, no install, free - you can change any shortcut in any program, create new keyboard shortcuts and mouse shortcuts. This way you can have the same shortcuts in all your favorite programs, e.g. volume, mute, tab switch...

For favorite folders in FC you can create a command to show it by a middle mouse button, or wheel left for example. You can use any combination of buttons, e.g. right+left button, button 4+right button...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hotkeyp/

If you need help, just let me know.

joby_toss

#7 Post by joby_toss » 30.12.2013, 01:21

Mostly using the mouse... just like me. :)

How about right clicking on empty space? Works on the inactive panel, also. And the "Favorites" submenu auto-expands, so no intermediary clicking is involved.

P.S. "full row select" is deactivated here.

forgetu

#8 Post by forgetu » 30.12.2013, 05:50

joby_toss wrote:Mostly using the mouse... just like me. :)

How about right clicking on empty space? Works on the inactive panel, also. And the "Favorites" submenu auto-expands, so no intermediary clicking is involved.

P.S. "full row select" is deactivated here.

Thanks for the tip. But that tip seems a little bit difficult to use in a panel where there are many folders and files. And It needs still 2 or 3 more steps than just clicking on an empty address bar ^^

forgetu

#9 Post by forgetu » 30.12.2013, 05:59

Dreamer wrote:If you really need the mouse, please consider the small tool HotkeyP, no install, free - you can change any shortcut in any program, create new keyboard shortcuts and mouse shortcuts. This way you can have the same shortcuts in all your favorite programs, e.g. volume, mute, tab switch...

For favorite folders in FC you can create a command to show it by a middle mouse button, or wheel left for example. You can use any combination of buttons, e.g. right+left button, button 4+right button...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hotkeyp/

If you need help, just let me know.

Thank you for the suggestion ^^ I tried the program right before. I might need to study about how to configure with that util. It seems to be complecated for me. But it seems to be a very versatile as well. Thanks. :P

Still, Enableing for users to choose ethier to show favarites or history in clicking on the address bar would be a nice option to have :D

Dreamer
Site Admin

#10 Post by Dreamer » 31.12.2013, 00:11

forgetu wrote:Thank you for the suggestion ^^ I tried the program right before. I might need to study about how to configure with that util. It seems to be complecated for me. But it seems to be a very versatile as well. Thanks. :P
I should write a guide for HotkeyP...

Here is the quick example, don't know how many buttons do you have, so change it if needed...

Hot key: [Mouse Left] (just move a wheel left within the white field)
Command: Keys to active window
Parameters: \alt.\up FreeCommander.exe

It's very easy to use, if you want to simulate a different shortcut, just change "\alt.\up" and if you want to change a desired keyboard shortcut (new), then change the "Hot key".