Select drive by letter

Suggestions and feature requests.
BitEater

Re: Select drive by letter

#16 Post by BitEater » 03.03.2014, 13:54

I have tried it and set the driver letter to be displayed at the end. Now I can change the drive with Alt+F1/F2 and then pressing the drive letter. But in the old version of FreeCommander it also worked with the driver letter being displayed first.
And I would prefer if there was a solution which allows me to set the drive letter being displayed first and still can change the drive in the decribed way. :)
BitEater

horst.epp

#17 Post by horst.epp » 03.03.2014, 18:25

BitEater wrote:I have tried it and set the driver letter to be displayed at the end. Now I can change the drive with Alt+F1/F2 and then pressing the drive letter. But in the old version of FreeCommander it also worked with the driver letter being displayed first.
And I would prefer if there was a solution which allows me to set the drive letter being displayed first and still can change the drive in the decribed way. :)
For a FreeCommander user its of no value how the Windows Explorer displays the drives.
I never at all use the Windows Explorer if I have some other file manager.
Why should Marek support configurations which are made by strange unknown tools ?
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
Everything Version 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.67
FreeCommander XE 2024 Build 905 64-bit donor

BitEater

#18 Post by BitEater » 05.03.2014, 06:38

horst.epp wrote:
BitEater wrote:I have tried it and set the driver letter to be displayed at the end. Now I can change the drive with Alt+F1/F2 and then pressing the drive letter. But in the old version of FreeCommander it also worked with the driver letter being displayed first.
For a FreeCommander user its of no value how the Windows Explorer displays the drives.
I never at all use the Windows Explorer if I have some other file manager.
Why should Marek support configurations which are made by strange unknown tools ?
Of course, it is indeed Marek´s right to implement his software as he wants.
But for me it was an unexpected behavior in difference to the old FreeCommander. And I think it should always be a good practice to have as less dependencies on other software or components as possible.
Although I prefer to use FreeCommander instead of Windows Explorer, there are some use cases where I still use the Windows Explorer.
But I can live with that little constraint.
Marek did and does a good job anyway!
BitEater