Favorite Folders list on the toolbar & Combined shortcuts

Suggestions and feature requests.
marruz

Favorite Folders list on the toolbar & Combined shortcuts

#1 Post by marruz » 03.03.2014, 16:05

First of all I want to thank you for your great file manager. I have two suggestions for improvement. The first is more important than the second one.

I see there are a lot of actions you can put on your own toolbar but I miss one that I would use quite often. I did not find a way how to put an actual list of you favorite folders directly shown on the toolbar. You can put a button there which opens a popup menu with these folders. Would it be possible to add an option to display the very favorite folders straight on the toolbar?
While talking about toolbars it would be very efficient to be able to drag and position your own toolbars to the sides or to the bottom of the main FC window. I do not know how difficult it is to implement it.

The second thing I want to mention are some improvements of the shortcuts system. I think programs like Visual Studio provide combined shortcuts which enable you to reach much more actions fast with your keyboard. I mean the shortcuts like Ctrl+Shift+V,S. This short means that when you press and release Ctrl+Shift+V, the program waits for an additional key that finishes the shortcut. While talking about shortcuts I wonder if there is a way how to have tooltips for shortcuts automatically shown as you press the first part of the shortcut like Ctrl or Alt+Ctrl etc.

joby_toss

Re: Favorite Folders list on the toolbar & Combined shortcut

#2 Post by joby_toss » 03.03.2014, 21:15

For the first one: add a favorite toolbar (default Ctrl+Shift+Y) and add any folder as an item. You can't directly add all your favorites at once, but you only set it up one time.
Or use the Favorites Tree (default Alt+F).

marruz

Re: Favorite Folders list on the toolbar & Combined shortcut

#3 Post by marruz » 03.03.2014, 22:00

Wow, thank you for this nice workaround! I did not know you can do it this way.