layouts and toolbars/buttons

Suggestions and feature requests.
poyan

layouts and toolbars/buttons

#1 Post by poyan » 06.04.2015, 07:04

Hi,
I suggest that layouts cover further settings, like
visibility and content of action/favorite toolbars, additional visible elements (background color), and perhaps even filters.
I cover a lot of different fields at work and at home, and despite I try to automate as much as possible by scripts quite often I have to decide individually (within a certain range) what shall happen with this file or that file. , i.e. which script shall be activated.
at the moment I have 8 layouts with up to 14 tabs and between 5 to 20, even more, scripts. these scripts could be started by FC.
however, the scripts are only in part universal, most defer considerably between my working fields (= layouts). this would mean not only a certain crowding of buttons placed in a crowd of toolbars, most of these buttons would be without any sensual function in seven of the eight layouts, thus clittering the monitor, and setting the user at risk to click the wrong button, which might result in funny but also fatal consequences.

Therefore it would be very helpful if only those toolbars or buttons are displayed which are relevant for that specific layout.
This also accounts for the filters.

By using different background colors it could be better distinguished which layout is active.
Kind regards

win 10, surface pro