include visibility of custom toolbars in layouts

Suggestions and feature requests.
poyan

include visibility of custom toolbars in layouts

#1 Post by poyan » 24.10.2015, 23:30

Hi,
I have quite some scripts for special tasks on files, like resizing, cropping, ocr, archiving, versioning, creating, combining, analysing, whatever you may imagine....
I use fc to show and select the files, and I use custom buttons to start the scripts.
There are quite a number of these scripts, and I use big icons to clearly visualize the tasks behind the button... That means that these buttons are occupying quite some space. And their number makes it sometimes quite demanding to find the correct button...
Since I have the files stored depending on their type (e.g. all pictures in a folder, all scanned in another folder) and/or depending on a certain topic, I use some layouts to show the most important directories in tabs.
I would appreciate if also the toolbars could be made visible or invisible, dependent on the active layout. This would spare a lot of space, reduce the time for searching the correct button... Why cluttering the toolbars with buttons which only make sense for some very special files in some special folders, which are rarely used?
Kind regards

win 10, surface pro

joby_toss

Re: include visibility of custom toolbars in layouts

#2 Post by joby_toss » 25.10.2015, 08:53

Until this option is added, to reduce the toolbar clutter, maybe you can use Categories in your Favorite toolbar.

poyan

Re: include visibility of custom toolbars in layouts

#3 Post by poyan » 25.10.2015, 11:59

Hi, joby_toss,
yes, that helps reducing the clutter, but it has the disadvantage of increasing the number of mouse clicks by 100% and it seems that the icon-size beyond the categories is limited. In total this is annoying, time consuming and more prone to use the wrong button.
Thus I would prefer the integration of the command bars into the layouts (which should be accessible also by buttons, but that has been already requested).
Kind regards

win 10, surface pro