The viewing pane on Freecommander XE

Suggestions and feature requests.
Helena

The viewing pane on Freecommander XE

#1 Post by Helena » 19.07.2016, 19:28

Hi. I have more or less just started using Freecommander XE and finding my way around it.

Mild but definite grumble: on the original Freecommander, you wanted to view a picture, you had one icon between the sides, you hit that, and you could look at any picture on the directory directly.

Now you have to select the file, go and hit the icon (or F3) for each image or file you want to look at. And then manually close the pane and move on to the next one.

It's slow and awkward by comparison. I know the old pane could not view Word docs or Office Libre docs, but it could view pdfs and on the whole was pretty useful, particularly when downloading photos off a camera card.

"Much missed". That is my comment. Thank you for your work.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: The viewing pane on Freecommander XE

#2 Post by Dreamer » 19.07.2016, 19:59

There are some minor changes in the new XE version, but you can use 2 modes also in the new version:

1) F3/viewer button, then use right/left arrows to switch images (I guess it was Space before), you can still change it, in main viewer menu > Option > Settings > Shortcuts. Use Escape to quickly close the viewer window, focus will be at the last viewed image.

2) Ctrl+Q/quick view button, then just navigate in the same panel using arrows or mouse, you can change the size and position of the quick viewer in settings. Ctrl+Q also to close quick view panel.

All shortcuts are customizable.

Helena

Re: The viewing pane on Freecommander XE

#3 Post by Helena » 27.07.2016, 17:50

Thank you I will try those. Sorry I took so long to reply, I appreciate your help. :)