Page 1 of 1

Search results - Browse button

Posted: 22.07.2016, 23:29
by Dreamer
In XnView (image viewer), the search results system works like this:

- open the search dialog to search for file/image
- press Enter
- wait for the results
- button "Browse" is automatically focused
- just click Enter to close Search dialog and show the list with all items in the browser

So I suggest the same for FC:

- add the big "Browse" or "Export" button between "Find" and "Cancel"
- add the menu option "Automatically focus the Export button after searching" (perhaps enabled by default)
- use also the new "snap to" feature, after the searching auto-snap to cursor to "browse" button (if the previous option would be enabled)

* the function of the Export button should be the same as "Export all items" button on the search results window.

This way, together with the search profiles, we could just use main toolbar to select the profile, click search/Enter to start searching, then click/Enter to show results in the main FC window/ active panel

More options which might be useful:

- close the Search dialog when exporting the items
- always export results to the new folder tab (otherwise use actual tab)
- automatically close Search dialog and export the results after searching
- use the sorting option from the search results into the FC panel after exporting

Re: Search results - Browse button

Posted: 03.10.2016, 20:21
by Forez
Dreamer wrote:In XnView (image viewer), the search results system works like this:
[...]
More options which might be useful:
- close the Search dialog when exporting the items
- always export results to the new folder tab (otherwise use actual tab)
- automatically close Search dialog and export the results after searching
[...]
I'll drink to these three

And here is another one:
close the Search window when opening a file [selected from the list] in the location it is residing

90% of the time I'm looking for one specific file in one more or less specific location. And so in time more and more Search windows get stuck up on my Window taskbar


And here is another proposition of mine for the Search : viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7492

Re: Search results - Browse button

Posted: 03.10.2016, 21:40
by Dreamer
Forez wrote:90% of the time I'm looking for one specific file in one more or less specific location. And so in time more and more Search windows get stuck up on my Window taskbar
Then another one:

- Use only one instance of the Search window

Re: Search results - Browse button

Posted: 04.10.2016, 16:16
by Forez
Dreamer wrote:
Forez wrote:90% of the time I'm looking for one specific file in one more or less specific location. And so in time more and more Search windows get stuck up on my Window taskbar
Then another one:

- Use only one instance of the Search window
And / or another one:
Close all search windows at once


If I would have few Search windows stacked on my tarkbar, then pressing juiced "Cancel" option would close them all, and ot oly the current one. There could be buttons
V Find
X Cancel
XXX Cancel All