Suggestions and feature requests.
Forez

Start maximized option

#1 Post by Forez » 27.10.2016, 20:08

In the

Tolls > Settings > General

there is this option

Start minimized

But why isn't there a similar option for starting always maximized?

I know there are workarounds, but sometimes they fail me . So if I had such option selected in the first place, and I always use FreeCommander in a maximized view, I would not have the need for workarounds done outside FC in the first place

joby_toss

Re: Start maximized option

#2 Post by joby_toss » 28.10.2016, 08:11

For me the window size is remembered, without any workarounds ("Auto save settings - on exit" option is enabled).

Open your FreeCommander.ini file and check [FcFormMain_State] section. You can force a desired window size/position by changing those values. Do not mistake FullScreen= option with maximized window state, though.

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 28.10.2016, 13:30

joby_toss wrote:For me the window size is remembered, without any workarounds ("Auto save settings - on exit" option is enabled).
I also have this enabled
joby_toss wrote:Open your FreeCommander.ini file and check [FcFormMain_State] section. You can force a desired window size/position by changing those values. Do not mistake FullScreen= option with maximized window state, though.
I know the he difference between full and maximized. That's not what I am after

These are my settings

[FcFormMain_State]
Left=77
Top=169
Width=965
Height=573
State=2
FullScreen=0

I backup them only when FC is maximized; I backup then when I see that I have things how I want them to be

So I do not know what those numbers are. If pixels then they do not make sense, because I run 3440 x 1440 resolution. I thought that it was the fault of Winamp, always docket at the top of the screen in for of a thin Ticketbar. So I closed it and then backed up my settings. The only change was this

Top=364

Math tells us that 364 - 169 = 195, but that Winamp bar takes only 27 pixels. So what are those numbers?

And what is this

State=2

parameter?

And also: I do not no if my backing up works correctly at all

Right now it works in this way: if I want to preserve the change of settings that I've made in an exported [backed up] settings, I have to go first to Tools and choose >>Save Settings<< first. Because if I do not, then I only back up the state which was preserved in the previous backup. Changes are remembered between closings and openings of FreeCommander, but are not taken into account when backing them up [unless I save them first in Tools]. And this is happenign when I have that "Auto save settings - on exit" option turned on

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 28.10.2016, 19:22

Left and Top values are the distances from the left and top borders of your screen (active when State=0).
Width and Height are the values for non-maximized/restored window (active when State=0).
State=2 means the window is maximized.

Backup your Settings folder manually, when XE is closed.

No idea how that Winamp bar affects your window settings. I use a PowerPro bar and have no problems.

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 04.11.2016, 10:33

joby_toss wrote: Backup your Settings folder manually, when XE is closed.
That would be most inconvenient
joby_toss wrote:No idea how that Winamp bar affects your window settings. I use a PowerPro bar and have no problems.
Apparently in the most weird way possible

Because it affects parameters of State=0 when the settings are saved in State=2. Plus the math on this is simply wrong