File selection

Suggestions and feature requests.
AimHere

File selection

#1 Post by AimHere » 22.01.2017, 16:18

Hi,

I was wondering how feasible it would be to add an option to the NC-mode "sticky" file-selection, which would allow "sticky" selection of multiple items using the LEFT mouse button instead of the right?

The way I see it working, single-clicking or click-and-dragging with the LEFT button would always toggle the selection state (note: no drag-and-drop allowed), while double-clicking would "launch" all selected files (using the normal Windows file associations). Meanwhile, RIGHT-clicking would always call up the context menu.

I realize this may seem odd, but there are other file managers out there that use this form of file-selection, and I know at least one person who refuses to use FreeCommander because it can't be made to work this way.

Aimhere

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: File selection

#2 Post by Dreamer » 22.01.2017, 20:27

You can use one of these options, or both, then you will be able to select items with a single left click on icon or/and extension.

However, it looks there is a bug in the new version, only with default settings, I will report it.
Attachments
Screenshot_01222017_201543.png

AimHere

Re: File selection

#3 Post by AimHere » 22.03.2017, 16:44

Still not exactly what I had in mind, unfortunately. I just want the option to use "select with LEFT mouse button" in NC-mode, as opposed to the existing "select with right mouse button", to drag-and-select (or, really, drag-and-toggle-selection) multiple files.

But thanks for reading.

aimhere