Copy or move on background.

Suggestions and feature requests.
ingjemch

Copy or move on background.

#1 Post by ingjemch » 25.01.2017, 17:17

Hello.

I would like to see in a future release of FreeComander, a way to make move or copy operations on backgroud (when you move or copy files between the pane, the new window does not come to foreground, or make it a bar in the status bar). This is to make it let the user copy faster. Also, to allow enqueue the operations so multiple parallel copy/move operations do not slow everything down.

Timon

Re: Copy or move on background.

#2 Post by Timon » 25.01.2017, 18:36

It was already implemented starting from FC release 724 and improved in releases 725 - 726. Operation queue works only if the option "Use FreeCommander" from the tab General in File/folder operations is used.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 25.01.2017, 20:10

To copy/move in background (auto-minimize dialog), switch to 3rd tab "Settings" and enable the option "Auto minimize when starting the operation", then click the "Save" button.

Auto-minimize and queue features work only with FC copy/move operations (splitter buttons, F5/F6), they don't work with Ctrl+C/X/V and drag&drop.

bisherbas

#4 Post by bisherbas » 16.03.2017, 15:11

Dreamer wrote:To copy/move in background (auto-minimize dialog), switch to 3rd tab "Settings" and enable the option "Auto minimize when starting the operation", then click the "Save" button.

Auto-minimize and queue features work only with FC copy/move operations (splitter buttons, F5/F6), they don't work with Ctrl+C/X/V and drag&drop.
Can you explain in more detail? What 3rd tab? What Save button? All I have is Apply button.

Timon

#5 Post by Timon » 16.03.2017, 18:56

Can you explain in more detail? What 3rd tab? What Save button? All I have is Apply button.
In Tools - Settings - File/folder operations - tab General - set "Use FreeCommander" for delete/copy/move operations.

In Copy/Move/Delete dailog (F5/F6/F8) switch to 3rd tab "Settings" and enable the option "Auto minimize when starting the operation", then click the "Save" button.

Queue don't work with Ctrl+C/X/V and drag&drop.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 16.03.2017, 21:06

Sorry, those options are available only when using FC operations, you need to enable these options first.

Timon's post is correct, just the key F8 is not assigned to Delete or other option. You need to use Delete key.

I suggest to use the option "Use Vista+ delete method" (FC delete dialog, 1st tab "Operation"), it's better for deleting many items (thousands of folders/files), it's much faster with this option and you can still use the Queue feature and auto-minimize option, which is unavailable with the FC operation without Vista+ option.

Note: Option "Auto minimize when starting the operation" cannot be saved for next action, I think it's on purpose. Alternatively, you can assign a shortcut (even Delete, if you wish) to action "Delete to recycle bin (FC) - no dialog".